Guess what. Having two kids is kind of time intensive. I am really amazed by my friends that consistently update their blogs. I even have a friend who is a mother of twins that updates hers at least once a week, though usually more. You rock Val.
I know that I have posted a few times about how I was going to try to post more and nothing ever came of it. Pathetic, I know. This time I am getting my dear husband involved. He has agreed to remind me to post when The kids are asleep or when one is, he will watch the baby. We'll just have to see if this works, I guess.
I have decided to devote this post to something that is easy to talk about. Can I just tell you all how much I love being a mom? It is the hardest thing that I have ever done, by far, but it is the best. I don't think that I ever could have imagined just what it would be like. The other day I made a mental list of all the things that I love about it, and it was pretty long. Here is a condensed version:
1. My children are truly the cutest children in this world. I know that most moms believe this, but I really do. I don't think that it would be possible to convince me otherwise.
2. I get to play with toys again. Ethan loves when I make car noises or stack blocks.
3. My kids think that I am funny. I can be my dorky self and they just love it. My boys laughs are the best.
4. Impromptu dance parties in the living room. 'Nuff said.
5. Children remind you that the world is amazing. They are experiencing everything for the first time, so everything is so wonderful and exciting to them. It is good to remember these things.
6. There is nothing more peaceful and serene than the face of a sleeping child. I love to hold my babies while they sleep.
7. I get to see my husband be sweet, fun, and helpful to my kids. They adore him. It is so great to watch.
8. I get to work on all of my weaknesses, like patience. I mean this one. I need all the help that I can get. I want to be a better person. Serving my little ones helps me with this.
Nothing on this list is glamorous, or exciting, or even very unique. Yet I have spent most of my time doing the things on this list. Isn't that wonderful?
The other things I have been doing I will use other posts to talk about (hopefully). Things like moving to Duchesne, Utah, of all places, sending siblings off on missions, and learning new things.
Till next time,
Amy
No comments:
Post a Comment