Sunday, February 3, 2013

Marc-get-set-go!

Hi.  This is Marc.  Amy delegated writing responsibilities to me because I wanted no-bake cookies.  That, and I try to make her write a blog at least once a week.

Okay, now that that's out of the way, let me tell you all about my job.  I work for Mountain America Credit Union.  I'm pretty happy about that fact.  I used to work for Wells Fargo Bank in Price.  However, I never really wanted to work for a "bank", but it was a good way for me to get some experience in the banking industry.  My real passion is for helping people, not ripping them off like some banks do when it comes to loans (and more recently, checking and savings account offerings).  So, in the course of my studies at Utah State University (where I was learning about personal and consumer finance), I decided that I wanted to work for a Credit Union.  My hope is to eventually be a director or contributor to the member financial education programs in place here at Mountain America.

Thus far, I have learned a lot more at MACU than I have heretofore known while working as a personal banker at Wells Fargo.  I also feel more able to share tips and knowledge about credit scores, credit history, budgeting, credit management, etc., then I was ever able to impart at Wells Fargo.

So, I basically am finally with a company that I know I can be with for a long time and develop a career without the worry of excessive sales cultures that could drive any good man towards unethical behavior.  Being a loan officer at MACU is better pay-wise also.  I actually get paid for loans and other services for which I sign members up.  And I know I'm not "selling" them inferior "banking" products.

We also have been able to purchase our first (modest) home.  It really was a pretty great deal when we purchased it.  The previous owner decided to leave all of her furniture, tools, basically everything but her clothes and personal belongings.  It's a three bedroom, 1,100 square foot home with a porch in the front with a lovely willow tree a couple feet beyond.  I'm excited for the snow to melt and the arrival of warmer weather; I can then begin to paint and decide what to do with the xeriscaped "lawn".  I might put in some desert shrubs, maybe some desert paintbrush flowers.  Any who, I probably plan on putting some grass down in the back for the kids to play on, and maybe a sand pit if I feel they deserve it.

One thing we definitely need to do with the house is paid the interior; the walls have this hideous pain brush strokes of mauve, periwinkle, and teeny individual salmon flecks.  Yeah, we really need to paint.  If you have any suggestions for room colors, please let us know.

The end.

P.S. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Marc, you are awesome! Wish we were in town to see your hideous paint flecks. Amy and I would laugh about them until we cried.

    ReplyDelete