I suppose I should start with an introduction of our family and the name of our blog. Our family consists of 2 with one on the way due June 19th. Marc and I (Amy) have been married since June 28th 2008, when we were sealed for time and all eternity in the Logan Utah temple. Marc and I met in our singles ward at Utah State University, where we lived in the same apartment complex called Mapleview. After the amazing success of our first date, it only took two days and we were inseparable. Marc is attending Utah State majoring in FCHD with a focus on financial counseling. He has another two years after this semester to go. I graduated this past May with a Bachelors of Science degree in Secondary English Education with a minor in English as a Second Language. We both love music, politics, space, laughing, summer weather, and spending time together.
I named the blog after two things. The first are an interesting set of experiences I have had with Marc's family. I'm sure that everyone has heard in-law horror stories. I wasn't sure what to expect. Thankfully, ever since meeting them, I have gotten along well with his parents and siblings and I have felt accepted and included. I realized that in some ways, I have a similar personality and approach to life. I realized that things I do, feel, and say "fit in" with being a Fuentes. Second, there are things that even in our short marriage, Marc and I have things we do and say that I have come to see as being distinctly "us" and our family, that will continue to define us to others for years to come. Thus, for these two reasons our blog is entitled "Fittingly Fuentes".
So why am I starting a blog? Good question! Even after enjoying the blogs of my family and friends, I have been pretty reluctant to start one myself. I did not know if I had anything interesting to blog about. Finally, when I read my friend Valerie's blog, I found a good reason. She described the exact feelings I had when she said "I'm adjusting to what do to with the rest of my day. I had been in school so long I have no idea how to cope without homework and projects." This is me exactly. I worked really hard to graduate. I put in great sacrifices of time, money, and summers into it. I obtained my teaching license, but I did not find a job in or close to Cache Valley, where I need to stay until Marc graduates from Utah State. At the time, it didn't bother me because I was in preparation for my wedding. After that excitement was over, I started working at Kohl's department store in July. I thought that with all of my responsibilities I wouldn't miss school. But I do. And now, Marc and I are expecting a baby in June. Our plans for the future have changed and I am unsure if getting a teaching job in the near future is right for us. It is something I am still working out. The one thing I do know is that I miss writing. That is what I miss most about school. I don't write anymore. I have made it a goal from now on to write a little something every week. For my own sake, I hope I can stay on the bandwagon.
I named the blog after two things. The first are an interesting set of experiences I have had with Marc's family. I'm sure that everyone has heard in-law horror stories. I wasn't sure what to expect. Thankfully, ever since meeting them, I have gotten along well with his parents and siblings and I have felt accepted and included. I realized that in some ways, I have a similar personality and approach to life. I realized that things I do, feel, and say "fit in" with being a Fuentes. Second, there are things that even in our short marriage, Marc and I have things we do and say that I have come to see as being distinctly "us" and our family, that will continue to define us to others for years to come. Thus, for these two reasons our blog is entitled "Fittingly Fuentes".
So why am I starting a blog? Good question! Even after enjoying the blogs of my family and friends, I have been pretty reluctant to start one myself. I did not know if I had anything interesting to blog about. Finally, when I read my friend Valerie's blog, I found a good reason. She described the exact feelings I had when she said "I'm adjusting to what do to with the rest of my day. I had been in school so long I have no idea how to cope without homework and projects." This is me exactly. I worked really hard to graduate. I put in great sacrifices of time, money, and summers into it. I obtained my teaching license, but I did not find a job in or close to Cache Valley, where I need to stay until Marc graduates from Utah State. At the time, it didn't bother me because I was in preparation for my wedding. After that excitement was over, I started working at Kohl's department store in July. I thought that with all of my responsibilities I wouldn't miss school. But I do. And now, Marc and I are expecting a baby in June. Our plans for the future have changed and I am unsure if getting a teaching job in the near future is right for us. It is something I am still working out. The one thing I do know is that I miss writing. That is what I miss most about school. I don't write anymore. I have made it a goal from now on to write a little something every week. For my own sake, I hope I can stay on the bandwagon.
welcome to the blogging world. When I first started I thought I would have nothing to write about. I jsut started writing what ever I felt like. Now I'm adicted to blogging. Even better-- and more amazing-- people tell me that they like to read what I write.
ReplyDeleteThanks for quoting me!