Sunday, March 13, 2011

OOOPS!

Oh boy.

I promised that I would post so much more often. It hasn't happened.
How embarrassing.

I have composed a few posts that I didn't publish, but they don't count. So I will attempt to fill you in on what is going on. My friend Val told me that it doesn't have to be perfect to post, I just need to do it. She is right. I just need to post without trying to get it just so each time. That will take the pressure off.

Good news tidbit #1: Marc got a job, and another job!
Okay, so that no one is confused, no he didn't already have one. He has a paid internship with the USU extension, but once the funds are gone, he is done. Ever since we moved down here, he has been trying to find something that will add to his internship hours and will carry on when he is done. He was blessed to get two. One is as a teller at Wells Fargo, and the other is as a counselor at a non profit called Colored Country Community Housing. He works 25 hours a week at the first, 20 at the second, and still teaches a class and some other things for the USU extension. He is a busy guy!

Good news tidbit #2: Ethan is sleeping on a toddler bed!
I wanted to have Ethan used to sleeping on a bed before the baby came, and expected it to be a difficult transition. I imagined to myself the extreme sleep deprivation that occurs with a newborn getting up every few hours being compounded by a toddler who is now sleeping on a bed that he can get out of. The very first day that we had the bed (thanks Anjanae!) Ethan played on it most of the day. When bedtime came Marc suggested that we have him sleep on it, that Ethan seemed to want to sleep on it. I was pretty nervous. I didn't think that he was ready. Marc was right. He slept on it all night without getting up or falling off, and has ever since! It is SUCH a relief to have that out of the way.

Good news tidbit #3: My brother put in his mission papers!
It is so surreal that my baby brother, who is 7 years younger, is going to go on a mission. I can't believe that he is that old! He should have his call in a couple of weeks, but I haven't speculated about where he will go. There are just so many missions in the world now, it could be anywhere. I am excited for him because I know that he will be a good missionary. He is such a solid, faithful person. I love him so much!

In other news, my belly continues to grow with the baby. We are so excited to have another person in our family! I truly don't mind being pregnant, no matter how big and uncomfortable I get. I just get excited when I think of my sweet Eli coming along. I just love my boys!

Well, TTFN, hopefully I will post again really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment