


Wednesday was our ultrasound. Everyone thought that I was having a girl, but I guess that we were all wrong! My parents had been so sure that it was girl that they had bought some pink baby clothes. When I told my dad, he joked that I would have to dress him in pink. I'm sure that they will have a grand-daughter to give those clothes to someday. In the meantime, they will have two grandsons to have fun with!
During the whole ultrasound Marc was beaming and wide eyed. It made things real for him to actually see that there is a little person growing inside of me. It was so fun to see our little guy wiggling around in there. He kicked and moved his arms. We saw his little hands and feet, spine and little bottom. We even saw his little face, which as you can see looks like a little alien. Right when the ultrasound tech went to see his gender, he got tired of being poked and flipped over on his belly. Then he crossed his little legs and we couldn't see where we needed to. What a funny guy. The ultrasound tech then jostled my belly for a while until he moved a leg so we could see.
As you can guess, Marc is ecstatic. There is just something about having a son that is so special to a man. When we left the room, a nurse said "It must be a boy!" We asked her how she knew, and she said that she can tell by the father's face. We had our OB appointment directly after, and he said the same thing as the nurse when he came in. From both my measurements and the baby's, we are looking on schedule and healthy. There's just 4 months to go. The rest of the day after the appointment our little guy was being really active. I love to feel him move.
I can't wait to meet our little guy!
I don't know how they can tell anything in ultrasounds. Everything looks like static to me.
ReplyDeleteCongrats. I'm so happy for you.
You lucky duck! i always wanted a boy...nope two girls for me
ReplyDeleteI will gladly put your email into my archive of those who can view. I just need annie's too. Congrats on being pregnant, that is so exciting! Boys are wonderful.
ReplyDelete